Unsure how to create and set up a Google Analytics account?
Our easy to follow guide will help you out in no time.
IN ORDER TO EMBED GOOGLE ANALYTICS INTO YOUR WEBSITE, YOU FIRST NEED TO SET UP A GOOGLE ANALYTICS ACCOUNT.
To do so, just follow the exact steps, Google’s instructions are very clear, so I am confident you will have no issues with this.
- If you are an existing GMAIL account user (either with your own domain or with email@example.com email address), then you can create your Google Analytics account with your GMAIL address here analytics.google.com OR
- You can simply go create your Google account using your current email address here – accounts.google.com, and then once you have created your Google account, you can proceed to analytics.google.com to setup your Google Analytics account.
ONCE LOGGED IN TO ANALYTICS, YOU CAN FINALISE THE PROCESS.
- Choose the ADMIN tab
- As this most likely the first time you have been in this area, you do not need to do anything in the ACCOUNT column.
- In the PROPERTY COLUMN, select Create new property from the drop down and then select WEBSITE from the drop down
- Enter in your website name
- Enter in your website URL – choose either http or https from the dropdown and then enter in your full URL – ie www.mydomain.com.au
- Choose an industry category that best fits your business
- Enter in the reporting time zone
- Click on GET TRACKING ID
Once this is done, your analytics account is set up and you can now follow the steps to embed your google analytics tracking code into your website.