Is your website ready to capture people at all stages of the purchasing process?
Most websites focus on attracting people only when they are ready to hit the “Checkout button”. This can mean that you miss out on capturing the attention and nurturing the interest of those people who are at the very early stages of the buying process.
PERHAPS IT’S TIME FOR YOU TO DO A CONTENT AUDIT?
With our recent rebrand, one thing we have taken the opportunity to revisit is our entire lead generation and nurturing funnel.
We have revisited a variety of automation methods and had a hard look at the information that we provide at all stages of our client engagement process. We’ve had to think long and hard about the answers to the following questions,
- What do we want to send to people when they initially enquire?
- What do we want to send to our clients when a major project is finished or milestone is reached?
- What is the welcome cycle we wish to use for new clients?
But before I look at that, let’s get back to some basics.
MOST BUSINESSES UNDERSTAND THAT THEY NEED A LEAD GENERATION PROCESS
Whether they are using advertising in traditional media or online (search or social), most busines owners, sales managers and customer service or marketing leads get that they need to create that initial spark for people to enquire about their product or service. The process of lead nurturing is how you move that initial prospect enquiry from a little nibble to a full on bite.
What are the kinds of actions and activities you can use to move people through that process?
SYSTEMS V CONTENT
In any sophisticated automated marketing approach, you will segment customers to match behaviour at your website and fine tune your lead generation process and marketing lists. You will use retargeting, and know exactly what to measure to improve over time. You’ll build a series of automations and start to take over the world.
But none of these methods will work without first having great content.
What are you sharing with your prospects as they move through what we hope will be a successful buying cycle.
There are lots of ways we can label the customer buying cycle, but if we just keep it simple, we can see that essentially it is a four step process:
- SEE – Customers become aware of you.
- THINK – Customer start to think about your offer.
- DO – Customers move to either accept or reject your offer…and then they hopefully move into this stage…
- CARE – Customers are connected to you, care about your product.
So what kind of material do we need to make available to these prospects at each stage of the cycle?
- Free guides and tips
- Free checklists
- Free ebooks
- Free videos
- Latest blog post
- Social media connections
- Case studies
- Product spec sheets
- Free samples
- Free trial
- Free consultation
- Product information
- Customised visitor experience
- Opportunities for communities
All these items should be tied in with calls to action which draw them to the next step in the funnel.
Is it time for your business to conduct a content audit?
- Is your current website and social media material keeping pace with what your prospects hope to get from you?
- Are you moving leads through the cycle to a positive outcome?
- Are you getting the most out of your lead generation and nurturing funnel?
We believe in digital marketing and systems as the tools through which your business can build better customer relationships and grow revenue and sales. I invite you to learn more about what we do, and connect with us if you’d like to learn more about the ways in which you can automate your way to great customer relationships.